8 Instruments in 1U of Rack Space
- Now available with the EM405-8 Intelligent M-Module Carrier
The Technology that makes it Work
M Modules are ANSI/VITA 12-1996 standard mezzanine cards which afford the user significant benefits and flexibility when configuring a test, data acquisition or control system. Amon these benefits are:
- Standard is controlled by an industry organization and not a single vendor
- Over 150 M Modules are currently available from a number of vendors (Product Directory)
- Once an instrument or function is selected it may be ported to a variety of backplanes or busses gaining the user platform independence.
- The simple interface bus makes for easy development of custom functions without the cost of develooping VXI, PXI or Ethernet modules. Just buy the appropriate carrier.
- Instrument vendor development costs are reduced (1 Pulse Generator works in VXI, PXI and Ethernet), thereby offering the potential for reducing customer's life cycle costs.
- Provides for multiple functions in a single VXI, PXI, VME slot.
- Can provide factory test sets and smaller PXI or Ethernet field test sets.